Green Mountain Chamber Music Festival
June 23 - July 21, 2024 | St. Michael's College in Colchester, Vermont
4 hours of daily practice
Daily chamber music rehearsal
6 lessons & 6 chamber coachings
Lectures and presentations
Emerging Artist Concerts
RESOURCES & ACTIVITIES
Programmed recreational activities
Local hiking & weekend excursions
Saint Michael’s fitness facilities
Bus access to Burlington (9 min.)
$5,200, Includes room & board for four weeks
In order to apply to the Regular Program, students* must submit the following by February 1, 2024:
- online application and fee (early application fee $79 when applying by January 15)
- After January 15, the application fee increases to $99
- After February 1, late applications will be accepted on a space-available basis
- YouTube video links to audition recordings (details below)
- If applying for need-based scholarships, financial documentation will be required
- teacher recommendation
*each student must submit an individual application and pay the application fee for Green Mountain Chamber Music Festival, even if applying as a member of a pre-formed quartet.
Regular Program 2024
- Open to violin, viola and cello students ages 14 through post-graduate
- 6 private lessons and 6 chamber music coachings
- 4 hours of scheduled daily practice
- Daily chamber music rehearsal in assigned string quartet
- Solo and chamber music performance opportunities
- Daily concerts, lectures and presentations
- Outreach performance opportunities in the local Burlington community
- Visits by String Shops, luthiers and bow makers
- Additional course offerings in Body Mapping, yoga, and more
- Programmed recreational activities on weekend
Green Mountain Chamber Music Festival Audition Requirements and Guidelines for Regular Program
All audition recordings must meet the following criteria:
- Audition recordings must be uploaded to YouTube and be viewable through June 2024. YouTube links must be set to ‘unlisted’, not ‘public’ or ‘private’. You will later enter these links on the application.
- Each applicant must submit audition recordings of two contrasting works representative of their solo playing
- recordings with accompaniment are acceptable, although accompaniment is not required
- Applicants may submit one recording containing both works or two separate recordings. Performances must be unedited
- Please ensure applicants' whole instrument is visible in the recording frame.
- Record in a quiet space with no background noise present. If at home, make sure to record away from extraneous noise, such as appliances (refrigerators and air conditioners), or outside noise such as traffic and construction.
- Ensure the microphone is not too close to applicants' instrument when playing. An external microphone is not required for these recordings, but may be useful in capturing the highest quality of sound.
- Please listen to and watch the recordings all the way through before submitting to ensure acceptable audio and video quality. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
- If you have to choose between high quality audio and high quality video, choose high quality audio.